Now that public spaces are opening up to the public once again, parks are being spraypainted with circles and social distancing art murals are emerging in public squares to help people enjoy time outdoors at a safe distance from others. Stella Artois is supporting bars and pubs with street art of its own, a large-scale example of which can be seen at the Old Truman Brewery in London. The mural uses a variety of shapes and contrasting colors to define distances, which help to encourage separation without resorting to the use of physical barriers.
The work of art draws from a variety of practices, including op art, urban planning, architecture and design to encourage people to move freely yet avoid encroaching on others' space. From overhead, the aerial view of the social distancing mural reveals the image of a woman toasting with a beer.
Image Credit: Stella Artois
Stella Artois' Social Distancing Art Helps People Keep Their Space
1. Social-distancing Murals at Public Spaces - Opportunity for mural artists to create innovative designs that promote social distancing in public areas without the use of barriers
2. Street Art as an Advertising Tool - Opportunity for businesses to creatively incorporate street art into their marketing campaigns and appeal to customers in a more artistic and engaging way
3. Art and Design for Safety Campaigns - Opportunity for designers and marketers to collaborate on creating visual campaigns focused on safety, while still being aesthetically pleasing and engaging for audiences
1. Art and Design - Artists and designers can collaborate to create public art installations that promote social distancing in a visually appealing and creative way
2. Hospitality Industry - Businesses in the hospitality industry can incorporate street art promotions and social distancing campaigns like Stella Artosis did to encourage guests' safe enjoyment while adhering to public health guidelines
3. Advertising Industry - Advertising companies can use street art as a tool to promote brands in a more creative and artistic way while reaching out to wider audiences