Snapchat recently announced its first venture into the world of hardware with 'Spectacles,' and the initial run of those products will be made available through 'Snapbots.' Snapbots are cute robotic vending machines that the company will introduce as pop-ups at select cities throughout the US.
Snapbots are far more than the average vending machine. While the devices do indeed sell Snapchat's Spectacles, they also come with an interactive interface in the form of a single digital eye. The emotive eye will close when no one is present, and it will use motion sensors to automatically wake up and communicate when a person is in its vicinity. Below the eye are three color knobs that represent the color of Spectacles the consumer wants.
Snapchat's 'Snapbot' Sells the Company's 'Spectacles' Eyewear
1. Robotic Vending Machines - The use of robotic vending machines, like Snapchat's Snapbots, provides a new innovative way to sell products.
2. Interactive Interfaces - Interactive interfaces, such as the single digital eye on Snapbots, offer engaging and personalized experiences for consumers.
3. Motion Sensor Technology - The integration of motion sensors in vending machines, like in Snapbots, enables automated communication and interaction with customers.
1. Social Media - Social media platforms like Snapchat can leverage robotic vending machines to extend their brand reach and sell exclusive merchandise.
2. Retail - The retail industry can explore the use of interactive vending machines to enhance customer experiences and increase sales.
3. Technology - The technology sector can benefit from the integration of motion sensor technology in vending machines to create more advanced and intelligent devices.