Why bother with cold turkey when you can just get a vaccine? Medical researches are testing radical new drugs which would allow smokers to immunize them against cigarette addiction.
MSNBC notes, "If it works â€” and this has not yet been proved â€” the vaccine could become part of a new generation of smoking cessation treatments. They attack dependency in the brain instead of just replacing the nicotine from cigarettes in a less harmful way, like the gum, lozenges, patches and nasal sprays sold today."
Currently Under Development
1. Smoking Cessation Innovations - The development of a smoking vaccine opens up opportunities for new, more effective methods to help people quit smoking.
2. Neuroscience-based Addiction Treatments - The research into vaccines that target dependency in the brain could pave the way for innovative treatments for other forms of addiction.
3. Personalized Immunotherapy - The vaccine approach to smoking addiction could lead to personalized immunotherapy options for other health conditions.
1. Pharmaceuticals - The pharmaceutical industry could benefit from the development and commercialization of smoking vaccines and related addiction treatments.
2. Wellness and Lifestyle - Companies in the wellness and lifestyle sector could incorporate smoking vaccines into their offerings to help individuals lead healthier lives.
3. Healthcare - Healthcare providers and organizations could adopt the use of smoking vaccines as part of their smoking cessation programs and treatments.