Capitalizing on the growing popularity of pickelball among baby boomers and senior citizens, entrepreneurs Monty and Kerri Lockyear are looking to bring a new entertainment space called Smash Park to Des Moines, Iowa.
In addition to several pickleball courts, Smash Park will also offer other low-impact sports such as bowling, indoor golf, bocce ball, and ping pong. These activities will be complimented by a range of bars and restaurants that will serve up everything from chef-inspired street food, to local beers. The idea is to combine food, drink, and play in one place that is accessible to older consumers and their families.
While Smash Park may seem like a entertainment venue fit for millennials, the combination of low-impact sports such as Pickellball with food and drinks makes it the perfect gathering place for older consumers looking for a comfortable place to socialize.
Smash Park Combines Food & Drinks with Low-Impact Activities
1. Growing Popularity of Pickelball Among Baby Boomers and Senior Citizens - Creating entertainment spaces that cater to the interests of older consumers and offer low-impact activities, such as Pickleball, can tap into a growing market.
2. Combining Food, Drink, and Play in One Place - Integrating a range of dining options and entertainment activities in one location can provide a unique and convenient experience for consumers of all ages.
3. Accessibility for Older Consumers and Their Families - Designing spaces that are accessible and comfortable for older consumers and their families can attract a loyal customer base.
1. Entertainment and Recreation - The entertainment and recreation industry can benefit from creating immersive spaces that combine food, drink, and low-impact activities tailored to older consumers.
2. Hospitality and Food Services - The hospitality and food services industry can explore the opportunity of combining dining experiences with entertainment activities to attract a wider range of customers, including older demographics.
3. Sports and Leisure - The sports and leisure industry can capitalize on the popularity of low-impact activities like Pickelball among older consumers by creating dedicated spaces that cater to their interests and provide a social environment.