The Smart Sticker was developed by DermTech to help people easily and accurately detect melanoma. The sticker uses patented technology to test the targetted area. To use the sticker, consumers can press, rub, lift, and stick the Smart Sticker on the designated area. This technology aims to detect the condition in its earliest stages.
This May, for Melanoma Awareness Month, DermTech is pledging up to $1M to raise awareness of the importance of skin exams through its #Stickit2Melanoma campaign.
To participate in the campaign, consumers can schedule a skin exam with their doctor and take the pledge via DermTech's website. Every pledge to schedule a skin exam equates to a $5 donation to DermTech's nonprofit partner organizations focused on skin health.
Image Credit: DermTech
DermTech Created the Smart Sticker to Detect Melanoma
1. Melanoma-detecting Stickers - The creation of Melanoma-Detecting Stickers provides an opportunity for companies to develop innovative ways to use technology to detect health conditions.
2. Early Detection Technology - The development of Early Detection Technology provides an opportunity for companies to create innovative solutions to detect not only skin conditions but also other medical conditions.
3. Health Awareness Campaigns - The rise in Health Awareness Campaigns creates an opportunity for businesses to partner with health organizations and promote healthy living.
1. Healthcare - The Healthcare industry can utilize the technology behind Melanoma-Detecting Stickers to innovate in the field of disease and health condition detection.
2. Technology - The Technology industry can use the Smart Sticker technology as inspiration to develop new ways to detect and monitor health conditions using wearable tech.
3. Nonprofit - The rise of Health Awareness Campaigns provides an opportunity for nonprofits to partner with businesses and spread awareness about health conditions and the importance of early detection.