UK-based food brand Mindful Snacker launched its line of health-focused potato chips called Simply Roasted. The aptly-named potato chips are made not by frying but by roasting thick-cut skin-on potatoes in a multi-step cooking process. Through this innovative cooking process, the chips contain less fat, less salt, and fewer calories than traditional potato chips, making Simply Roasted a healthy alternative way to snack.
Simply Roasted potato chips will come in a curated range of flavors. These artisanal flavors include 'Sea Salt,' 'Mature Cheddar & Red Onion,' 'Sea Salt & Cider Vinegar,' and 'Black Truffle.' They will be followed by the less traditional flavors of 'Korean BBQ,' 'Katsu Curry,' and 'Thai Green Curry' after release. Simply Roasted potato chips will be available through Amazon in June 2021. The chips will be joined by 'The Simple Root,' a selection of plant-based dips.
Image Credit: Pilot Lite, Mindful Snacker
Mindful Snacker Launched the Low-Fat, Low-Salt Simply Roasted Chips
1. Low-fat Snacks - Companies can innovate in the healthy snack market by creating low-fat alternatives to traditional snacking options.
2. Alternative Cooking Techniques - Alternative cooking techniques can provide companies with opportunities to create lower calorie and lower salt snack options.
3. Artisanal Flavors - Companies can experiment with unconventional and artisanal flavors in the health snack market.
1. Food and Beverage - Companies in the food and beverage industries can innovate on traditional snacking options by creating healthier alternatives using new cooking techniques and artisanal flavors.
2. E-commerce - Platforms such as Amazon can take advantage of e-commerce to offer health-conscious snacks to a wider audience.
3. Plant-based Products - Companies can capitalize on the plant-based trend by offering plant-based dips to complement their health-conscious snack offerings.