Canadian fashion retailer Simons is all set to launch a new smartphone shopping app that is designed to make it easier than ever for customers to experience a more streamlined and consistent shopping experience across the online and brick-and-mortar spheres.
One of the most impressive features of this shopping app is the fact that it allows users to upload photos of products that they like and be able to peruse recommendations of similar products available at Simons. For example, a shopper who sees an eye-catching product in a magazine can upload a photo of it to the Simons app to find a similar offering in the store.
Given the increasing quality of smartphone cameras, there's a clear opportunity for retailers to use app platforms for improved engagement, which is what Simons does by putting more power in the hands of shoppers who have specific kinds of products that they're looking for.
The Simons Department Store App Lets Users Upload Product Photos
1. Photo-based Product Recommendations - Interactive shopping apps are increasingly using photo-based product recommendations to engage customers and streamline the shopping experience.
2. Omnichannel Shopping Experiences - Interactive shopping apps are making it easier for customers to have a seamless experience across online and brick-and-mortar spheres.
3. Customer-driven App Features - Interactive shopping apps are allowing customers to have more control over their shopping experiences by giving them the power to upload photos and discover new products.
1. Retail - Retailers can leverage interactive shopping apps to create unique shopping experiences that drive customer engagement and loyalty.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry can use interactive shopping apps to showcase new products and trends while providing personalized recommendations to customers.
3. Technology - The development of interactive shopping apps requires the integration of innovative technologies like image recognition and machine learning, presenting opportunities for tech companies to disrupt the retail industry.