'Simon Search' is a new application created by the Simon Property Group. The app is a dedicated search platform accessible through a mobile device, a retail location's website, or smart kiosks in the retail location. What is unique about the Simon Search tool is that it not only allows customers to search for a store's location or search through a product inventory, but also points shoppers to exactly where a certain product is located in a certain store.
The Simon Property Group implemented the Simon Search tool across 29 of its shopping mall locations, citing that this pilot test should increase consumer attractiveness to the malls while simultaneously streamlining the experience and increasing travel efficiency. The Simon Search system is expected to contribute to bringing consumers back to physical retail locations following a lull caused by the coronavirus pandemic. On top of this, the convenience of this search tool will remove the need for employees to individually answer customers' questions, thus freeing up employee time and improving workplace efficiency.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
The Simon Search App Lets Customers Find Exactly What They Need
1. Mobile Navigation Tools - Developing an intuitive mobile search tool that delivers a seamless experience to customers can enhance every retail business
2. Interactive Kiosks - Investing in interactive kiosks that can connect customers with personalized recommendations or assistance with their shopping needs can boost in-store customer experiences
3. Augmented Reality - Implementing augmented reality technology can create an interactive shopping experience that engages customers and sets a retail business apart from competitors
1. Retail - The retail industry can improve physical retail experiences while also freeing up employee time by investing in innovative navigation and search tools
2. Shopping Centers/malls - Owners of shopping centers and malls can enhance their locations' appeal to consumers with the implementation of intuitive search tools such as Simon Search
3. Technology - Developing new technologies that can enhance customers' in-store experiences, such as interactive kiosks or augmented reality, can create innovative solutions for the retail industry