In a new collaboration between DL Chicken Shack and Beta5 Chocolates, the pair launched a unique new confectionary concept -- the 'Side of Milk' chocolate bar. This spicy product is made with 66 percent dark chocolate, DL’s chile Carolina Reaper dust blend, and infused with pieces of crispy chicken skin.
“Adam and I were brainstorming on how we could work together on something sweet, savory, and spicy,” Doug Stephen, co-owner of DL Chicken Shack and Downlow Burgers, said in a press statement. “The result is our Side of Milk chocolate bar. We’re really proud of it! The sweetness works so well with our Side of Milk chile dust. The spice lingers, and the crispy chicken skin gives it that saltiness and slight crunch.”
The Side of Milk is the first product in a new partnership between the pair with a new bar to be unveiled every month.
Image Credit: BETA5/DL CHICKEN
The 'Side of Milk' Chocolate Bar is Made With Chicken Skin
1. Sweet-savory Combination - The Side of Milk chocolate bar combines sweet and savory flavors, creating an opportunity for other food products to explore this trend.
2. Unconventional Ingredients - The use of chicken skin in chocolate bars opens up possibilities for using unconventional ingredients in the confectionery industry.
3. Monthly Limited Editions - The release of a new chocolate bar every month creates a trend of limited edition confectioneries, encouraging anticipation and exclusivity.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can explore the sweet-savory combination trend by incorporating unconventional ingredients into their products, similar to the chicken skin-infused chocolate bars.
2. Confectionery - The confectionery industry can embrace the trend of unconventional ingredients, such as chicken skin, to create unique and innovative chocolate bars and candies.
3. Monthly Subscription Box - A monthly limited edition chocolate bar release can be integrated into the subscription box industry, offering customers exclusive and exciting confectionery experiences.