The Shuttershock Power Couples series takes people's favorite retro video games and turns them into cliche romance novels. From obvious characters including Link and Zelda as well as a love triangle between Princess Peach, Mario and Luigi to less obvious hookups between street fighters Ken and Ryu, the book covers are imaginative and entertaining.
Illustrated by artist Echo Chernik, the Shuttershock Power Couples series was created with Valentine's Day in mind. Although the most romantic of days has come and gone, that doesn't mean people can't still enjoy the hilarious series. Complete with clever titles and tag lines such as "Collector of Hearts: Their Love would Become the Stuff of Legends," the Shuttershock Power Couples series will surely inspire people to question the background story behind every video game character from now on.
The Shuttershock Power Couples Series is for Fanciful Retro Gamers
1. Retro-game-inspired Romance Novels - Opportunity to tap into the nostalgia of gamers and provide a new twist to beloved characters through romantic storylines.
2. Leveraging Pop Culture References in Books - Disruptive innovation opportunity to attract readers with creative and unexpected mash-ups of familiar themes.
3. Exploring New Mediums for Video Game Content - Innovation opportunity to expand the video game experience beyond gameplay by incorporating storytelling through novels.
1. Publishing - Opportunity for publishers to create a new genre that merges video games and romance novels to cater to a niche audience.
2. Gaming - Opportunity for game developers to partner with authors and create novel adaptations of popular video game franchises to expand the fan base.
3. Art and Illustration - Opportunity for artists to collaborate with writers in creating visually stunning covers and illustrations for video game romance novels.