Shopping Pillow Terraces is a new eco-building that was recently approved by Slovenia's Ljubljana City Center for construction. Expected to be finished by next year, it features innovated mesh terraces embedded with organic material that blooms in warmer weather.
Designed by OFIS Arhitekti, the Shopping Pillow Terraces is a seven story structure that can accommodate both residential and commercial tenants with equal efficiency. There will also be a post office and shops.
Shopping Pillow Terraces Springs to Life Next Year
1. Eco-building Innovations - The development of eco-building innovations like the Shopping Pillow Terraces presents opportunities for sustainable construction methods and materials.
2. Mixed-use Developments - The concept of creating mixed-use developments, like the Shopping Pillow Terraces, where residential and commercial spaces coexist, offers potential for urban planning and maximizing land usage.
3. Biophilic Design - The integration of organic materials and green spaces in architecture, as seen in the Shopping Pillow Terraces, showcases the growing trend of biophilic design that promotes health and well-being in built environments.
1. Architecture - The architecture industry can explore and implement eco-friendly construction techniques and biophilic design elements, inspired by projects like the Shopping Pillow Terraces.
2. Real Estate - The real estate industry can capitalize on the demand for mixed-use developments, like the Shopping Pillow Terraces, by offering spaces that cater to both residential and commercial needs.
3. Sustainable Materials - The sustainable materials industry can develop and supply materials, such as organic mesh and blooming technologies, to support the construction of eco-buildings and biophilic designs.