'Shoegazer,' an app concept from Happy Finish, uses artificial intelligence to accurately recognize brands and makes of sneakers based on a picture taken from a smartphone. In the same way that Shazam uses transfer learning to recognize songs and artists, Shoegazer adds image recognition to be able to identify any shoe with a high degree of confidence.
Happy Finish is a British marketing agency, but the company's high-tech bent has led it towards developing AI apps, and Shoegazer is a prime example. Though currently just a prototype, Shoegazer is able to recognize most sneakers and other footwear with 95 percent certainty or higher. Further, it takes just 50 images in the Shoegazer database to get the AI to that level of confidence.
The 'Shoegazer' App Recognizes Shoes the Same Way Shazam Recognizes Music
1. Artificial Intelligence in Image Recognition - Increased application of AI in image recognition technology to accurately identify brands and makes of shoes.
2. Transfer Learning - Adaptation of transfer learning methods from music recognition to shoe recognition, allowing for more accurate identification.
3. High Confidence Shoe Recognition - Developing apps like Shoegazer that can identify footwear with a high degree of confidence, paving the way for personalized shopping experiences.
1. Marketing and Advertising - AI-powered shoe recognition apps have the potential to revolutionize marketing campaigns by accurately identifying shoe brands and leveraging personalized targeting.
2. Ecommerce - Ecommerce platforms can benefit from shoe recognition apps by offering personalized recommendations and improving the user shopping experience.
3. Fashion and Retail - Fashion and retail industries can utilize shoe recognition apps to provide personalized customer service, offer targeted promotions, and track consumer preferences.