In the hopes of making Uber even more successful, the mobile taxi-calling app is introducing a new service that will make it more efficient to share a taxi ride with a complete stranger. Ridesharing services are not uncommon, but with UberPool, riders will be matched with someone in their area who happens to be taking a similar route.
Although sharing an enclosed space with a total stranger can sometimes feel a little awkward, UberPool provides some basic information like the person's first name, so you at least have the chance to break the ice and get acquainted with one another. As of now, UberPool is only in testing this as a "bold social experiment" however, whether or not you are matched up with someone nearby, testing the service will cut your taxi fare in half.
UberPool Lets You Share a Taxi Ride and Split the Fare with Strangers
1. Ridesharing - UberPool introduces a new service that allows riders to share a taxi ride with strangers, increasing efficiency and reducing costs.
2. Shared Economy - UberPool is part of the shared economy trend, where individuals can share resources and costs for a more sustainable and affordable transportation option.
3. Social Experiment - UberPool's testing of matching riders with strangers provides an opportunity for a social experiment to understand the impact of shared rides on personal connections and experiences.
1. Transportation - UberPool disrupts the traditional taxi industry by offering a more affordable and efficient shared transportation service.
2. Technology - The introduction of UberPool reflects the ongoing innovation in the technology industry that aims to provide convenient and cost-effective transportation solutions.
3. Hospitality - As part of the shared economy, UberPool aligns with the hospitality industry by promoting the concept of sharing resources and creating connections between strangers during travel.