The Shabazz Palaces Belhaven Meridian music video captures a rough neighborhood without the glamor. Belhaven Meridian enlisted director Kahlil Joseph to tell a short story with their song Shabazz Palaces in the background. The video strolls through a neighborhood often seen in rap music videos, without the glitz.
This raw depiction was beautifully and interestingly captured and gives the viewer a new perspective.
Implications - As North American media becomes over saturated with superficial representations of its citizens, consumers are starting to disconnect with these portrayals and are looking for more authenticity in their products. Corporations need to establish empathetic relations with consumers if they are to experience loyalty from their customers.
This Shabazz Palaces Belhaven Meridian Music Video
1. Authentic Representations - Creating realistic and unfiltered portrayals of communities can attract consumers seeking authenticity.
2. Alternative Storytelling - Using music videos to tell short stories offers a unique and captivating narrative approach.
3. Demand for Empathy - Consumers are seeking empathetic connections from corporations, pushing companies to prioritize authentic relationships.
1. Media and Entertainment - Media companies can explore creating more realistic and unfiltered representations to attract consumers seeking authenticity.
2. Music - The music industry can experiment with using music videos as a platform for alternative storytelling, providing a unique visual experience for viewers.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising professionals can implement empathetic strategies to establish authentic relationships with consumers, creating loyalty and trust.