The Resyone robotic wheelchair-bed hybrid by Panasonic is the first robotic device to be certified ISO13482-compliant, the new global safety standard for service robots.
The Resyone blends an electric care bed with an electric reclining wheelchair. A section of the bed detaches to form the reclining wheelchair, allowing the patient to easily transfer from bed to wheelchair without needing to be assisted by multiple caregivers. This service robot only requires the attentions of one caregiver to support a safe and comfortable transfer between bed and wheelchair, lightening caregivers’ workload and making it easier for patients to get out of bed more frequently.
The electric bed’s mattress splits in half, with one half separating out to form the body of the chair. Therefore, patients simply need to move over a few inches, and with a few adjustments, find themselves sitting upright in an electric wheelchair.
This Service Robot Makes Wheelchair-Bound Patients’ Lives Easier
1. Robotic Wheelchair-bed Hybrids - The integration of robotic technology into wheelchair beds, providing a more efficient and comfortable experience for wheelchair-bound patients.
2. Iso13482-compliant Service Robots - The development of service robots that meet the new global safety standard, ensuring safer and more reliable assistance for patients.
3. Reduced Caregiver Workload - Technological advancements that lessen the burden on caregivers by allowing them to provide better care with fewer resources.
1. Healthcare - Healthcare providers can explore the use of robotic wheelchair-bed hybrids to enhance patient care and improve efficiency.
2. Robotics - The robotics industry can capitalize on the demand for ISO13482-compliant service robots and develop innovative solutions for various healthcare applications.
3. Assistive Technology - The assistive technology industry can focus on developing new products that reduce caregiver workload and improve the overall quality of life for individuals with mobility limitations.