The keyboard have remained unchanged since the dawn of computers but the Sensel Morph trackpad is hoping to change the concept of a keyboard with user customization. Instead of using a series of switches or pre-programmed keys, the trackpad-based keyboard comes with a pressure-sensitive touchpad that allows users to swap out multiple overlays. These overlays give users the ability to swap between multiple controls, ranging from video editing and painting to coding and music creation.
The base of the Sensel Morph trackpad resembles an oversized trackpad on a laptop and is built from a durable aluminum with a plastic pressure-sensing base. There are no dials or controls on the base, as these controls are easily found on the multiple overlays that can be purchased through Sensel Morph.
The Sensel Morph Trackpad Lets Uses Specialized Overlays
1. Customizable Trackpads - Customizable trackpads allow users to swap out multiple overlays to perform various tasks.
2. Pressure-sensitive Touchpads - Pressure-sensitive touchpads enable users to interact with customizable trackpads in a more dynamic way.
3. Overlay-specific Controls - Overlay-specific controls give users a more specialized experience when using customizable trackpads.
1. Computer Hardware - Customizable trackpads have the potential to disrupt the computer hardware industry by replacing traditional keyboards.
2. Productivity Software - Overlay-specific controls present a disruptive innovation opportunity for productivity software companies to develop software that is more specialized for different tasks.
3. Music Creation Software - Customizable trackpads with overlays specific to music creation provide an innovation opportunity for music creation software companies to offer a more dynamic and tactile user experience.