When people think of luxury glasses, the name Selima Optique doesn’t always come to mind, but it absolutely should. Hiroshi Sugimoto is bringing a whole new style of glasses to the scene with the ‘Oculist Witness’ frame, which uses the eye test that everyone is used to as the basis for the frame.
The glasses industry is constantly changing, evolving and innovating and this is no more obvious than when you look at the ‘Oculist Witness’ frames. The glasses are rounded and feature the numbers that optometrists always use around the edges.
The glasses will be limited edition with only 25 of them being released, so when they say this is a limited edition release they mean extremely limited.
Photo Credits: designboom, sugimotohiroshi
Hiroshi Sugimoto Harnesses Optical Testing for Selima Optique
1. Luxury Glasses - The 'Oculist Witness' frames showcase a new style of luxury glasses that incorporate optical testing.
2. Limited Edition Releases - The limited edition release of only 25 glasses presents an opportunity for exclusivity and scarcity in the eyewear industry.
3. Innovative Frame Designs - The rounded frame design with optometrists' numbers around the edges introduces a unique and visually appealing element to the eyewear market.
1. Eyewear - The 'Oculist Witness' frames highlight a potential trend of incorporating eye-testing methods into luxury eyewear designs.
2. Fashion - The limited edition glasses by Hiroshi Sugimoto and Selima Optique create an opportunity for collaborations between fashion designers and eyewear brands.
3. Optometry - Innovative frame designs, such as the incorporation of optometrists' numbers, can drive advancements in the optometry industry and enhance the eye-testing experience for customers.