Dove has come up with a new advertising campaign that empowers all individuals to discover their beauty within. This self-enhancing beauty advertisement brings forth an interesting concept to take a peek into the minds of everyday women.
The Dove Real Beauty Sketches advertisement incorporates a male artist who seeks to draw two pictures of the same woman. The first portrait is constructed based on the descriptive comments that the woman uses to portray herself; with the second portrait, other individuals are invited to describe the woman and express their own deduction of the woman's appearance based on their own outsider perspectives.
When these pictures are revealed to the woman depicted, it is clear that others see the individual as much more beautiful than she did herself. This advertisement is a true eye-opener that most are self critical as a society and are all much more beautiful than we think we are.
The Dove Real Beauty Sketches Campaign is Heart-Wrenching
1. Self-enhancing Beauty - Opportunity for beauty brands to promote self-love and self-acceptance through advertising and marketing campaigns.
2. Mindset Shift - Opportunity for businesses to challenge societal perceptions of beauty and promote positive body image.
3. Perspective Transformation - Opportunity for brands to encourage individuals to see themselves from a more positive and empowering perspective.
1. Beauty - The beauty industry can leverage this trend by promoting products and services that enhance self-confidence and self-acceptance.
2. Advertising - The advertising industry can incorporate the concept of self-enhancing beauty to create impactful and emotionally resonant campaigns.
3. Mental Health - The mental health industry can use this trend to promote self-worth and positive body image as crucial aspects of mental well-being.