The striking design of this curvy segmented outdoor sofa is highly sophisticated and it warrants attention. It captures one's eye immediately because of its decisively sculptural silhouette and the piece makes for an excellent statement for one's patio.
This contemporary outdoor sofa is called 'Songololo' and is the work of South African designer Haldane Martin. Because the furniture piece is made available in segments, it means that consumers can tailor its shape, length, and aesthetic to answer the specific design needs of their spaces. Haldane Martin explains that their creation "arcs into sensual, contoured forms, taking shape as an iconic centerpiece in any space, indoors or out." The South African designer created this elegant segmented outdoor sofa—which can be reduced to six seats and expanded to 10—for outdoor furniture brand Haldane.
Image Credit: Brett Rubin
Haldane Martin Designs the Striking Songololo Outdoor Sofa
1. Segmented Furniture - Opportunity to disrupt the furniture industry by creating customizable segmented products to fit any space.
2. Curved Silhouettes - Opportunity to disrupt outdoor furniture design by incorporating more striking, sculptural shapes.
3. Tailored Aesthetics - Opportunity to disrupt the customization market by offering furniture fitting specific design needs of consumers.
1. Outdoor Furniture - Innovative designs such as curvy, segmented outdoor sofas could drive growth and demand for outdoor furniture as a high-end focal point.
2. Custom Furniture - Curvy segmented outdoor sofas could be part of a wider trend towards customizable furniture and add a new dimension of personalization in this growing industry.
3. Luxury Furniture - Curvy segmented outdoor sofas could find a niche in the luxury furniture space as high-end, statement furniture pieces.