Andie's Speciality Shop is an eatery retailer that specializes in recreating objects out of edible candied ingredients, and this sea glass is an example of how well the company can make sweets look like another material. The candies are shaped like broken pieces of colored glass that are often found by the seashore. The rounded edging and subtle embossed type detailing makes the candies look incredibly realistic.
The sea glass is comprised of an array of hard candy chunks dyed in turquoise, pale blue and green shades to resemble the look of worn away glass. The candies have soft edges and asymmetrical shapes to replicate the appearance of glass that has been churned continuously by sea water. No two pieces look the same, and each resembles a different part of a bottle.
Andie's Specialty Shop Creates Colorful Glass Replicas Out of Candy
1. Edible Replicas - Opportunities for companies to recreate everyday objects from edible ingredients
2. Food Art - Creating art pieces from edible materials and introducing them to the mainstream market
3. Replicating Natural Materials - Innovation in food technology to create replicas of natural materials, providing healthier food options for customers
1. Specialty Food Retail - Retailers can create a new niche selling food art to consumers looking for unique and innovative edible products
2. Confectionery Industry - Confectionery manufacturers can invest in developing new techniques and technologies to create edible replicas of natural materials
3. Food Art Industry - Food artists can create new pieces using edible replica technology, expanding their range of materials and artistic techniques