Science of Cocktails is the name of an event at Science World Vancouver, that's been held three years in a row now.
The event, which took place on February 8th, saw over 35 mixologists and chefs from all over the city. By offering a vast range of unique cocktails and delectable food pairings that are made in an innovative fashion to demonstrate the role that science plays in their creation, Science of Cocktails is full of entertainment.
In addition to functioning as an exciting outing for the city's science fanatics and foodies, the event raises money for the museum's class-field-trip-program, which "gives underserved kids in the Lower Mainland the chance to visit Science World throughout the year." 2018's Science of Cocktails event was able to raise $276,695 for this cause, after serving more than 1,500 attendees.
Image Credit: Lucy Lau
The Science of Cocktails Event Supports Student Field-Trips
1. Mixology Innovation - Opportunity to explore innovative techniques and ingredients in mixology inspired by science.
2. Science-based Culinary Experiences - Opportunity to create immersive dining experiences that combine science and gastronomy.
3. Fundraising Through Experiential Events - Opportunity to raise funds for charitable causes through unique and immersive events.
1. Hospitality - Hotels, bars, and restaurants can incorporate science-inspired mixology concepts into their menus and events.
2. Education - Science centers and museums can utilize science-themed mixology events to fundraise for educational programs.
3. Food and Beverage - Companies in the food and beverage industry can collaborate with mixologists to create science-inspired products and experiences.