The Scandinavian fashion scene is full of modern styles that Americans would love. Yet many designers remain under the radar for the simple fact that they doesn't sell their clothes in the United States or anywhere else mainstream, for that matter. Carl & Ebba hopes to change that. It is an online retailer that specializes in bringing attention to established and emerging Scandinavian fashion designers.
As written of its mission statement, Carl & Ebba asserts, "Each item we sell is carefully selected with the Swedish mindset of lagom, meaning 'just enough.' The lagom ideology allows for design that does not dictate style, instead invites the wearer to decide who she is and who she wants to be." It is this Scandinavian fashion individualism many will be drawn to.
Carl & Ebba Introduces Americans to Emerging Designers
1. Scandinavian Fashion Retailers - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expanding the availability of Scandinavian fashion brands to a global audience.
2. Emerging Designers - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Supporting and promoting emerging designers to increase diversity and creativity in the fashion industry.
3. Online Retailers - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging online platforms to reach untapped markets and offer unique fashion options.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating Scandinavian fashion influences into mainstream fashion brands.
2. E-commerce - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing specialized online retail platforms that cater to niche markets.
3. Fashion Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with emerging designers to create exclusive collections for traditional brick-and-mortar retailers.