These candid captures were shot by photographer Satoki Nagata. The images depict the hustle and bustle of night-life in Chicago amid raging winter conditions. The huge, bulbous splashes of rain are made even more dramatic with the use of a slow shutter speed and artificial lighting.
These unusual techniques result in some of the figures in the portraits appearing transparent as they rush about the city. The series captures the elegance and brutality of nature in one and shows just how much of a hindrance weather can be to daily life. If you’re anything like me, scenes like this will make you long for the heady days of summer when battling the elements and wearing five layers of clothing can be forgotten forever!
This Flash Photography Series by Satoki Nagata Shows Chicago at Night
1. Candid Photography - Capture authentic and unposed moments in urban environments with candid photography techniques.
2. Long Exposure Effects - Create visually stunning and ethereal images by using long exposure techniques in photography.
3. Weather-inspired Photography - Explore the beauty and challenges of weather conditions through photography to evoke emotions and tell unique stories.
1. Photography - Incorporate candid photography techniques and long exposure effects into professional photography services to capture authentic and visually striking images.
2. Fashion - Integrate weather-inspired photography in fashion campaigns to showcase the relationship between clothing and environmental elements, creating visually captivating narratives.
3. Travel and Tourism - Utilize candid photography and long exposure effects to capture the essence and unique character of destinations, attracting travelers with visually appealing and atmospheric imagery.