The Sarto 18K is an Italian-made luxury bicycle with a price tag of $27,000. Unveiled at the North American Handmade Bicycle Show, the bicycle includes materials not usually associated with bicycles, such as gold and crocodile skin just to name a couple.
The bicycle is filled with 18-karat gold parts. One of these parts, a circular medallion, bears the initials of the bike's owner. If you're dreaming of having your initials etched on this bike's golden medallion, shelve it -- only 25 units of this bike were produced and made-to-order.
Meanwhile, the bike's frame and main structural components are made of carbon fiber, making for an incredibly low weight of just 9 kg.
When you think luxury transportation, the first things that come to mind are supercars and luxury yachts. But the Sarto 18K shows that over-the-top luxury and status can even be applied to the humble bicycle.
The Sarto 18K Comprises 18-Karat Gold, Carbon Fiber and Crocodile Skin
1. Luxury Bicycles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the market for high-end bicycles with unconventional and luxurious materials.
2. Customized Personalization - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace made-to-order manufacturing processes to create personalized luxury products.
3. Lightweight Carbon Fiber - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop lightweight materials like carbon fiber to enhance performance and improve the overall biking experience.
1. Luxury Goods - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine luxury and functionality in products, targeting high-end consumers seeking exclusivity and status symbols.
2. Sporting Goods - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate unconventional materials and advanced technologies into sports equipment to enhance performance and aesthetics.
3. Personal Transportation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Redefine personal transportation options by introducing luxury and customization to traditionally mundane modes of travel.