Gilberto G. Sanchez Reyes is an illustrator with a talent for rendering whimsical with faithful realism judging by his 'Garzull' series.
Throughout the series, Reyes portrays animal boasting features from different species. For instance, in one frame, the artist depicts a giraffe with goat-like horns. These are not merely tacked on either; Reyes draws the horns in such a way that they look like a natural part of the creature.
Other illustrations depict animals as they are in reality, but with subtle, off-kilter touches. In one illustration, the viewer encounters a long-necked bird whose expression suggests that it is bored to death. Another depicts a sad looking horse that reminds one faintly of Eeyore from Winnie the Poo. Still, other drawings do not depict portray animals at all, but strange monsters that are solely the product of Reyes's imagination.
This Gilberto G. Sanchez Reyes Series is Strange and Quirky
1. Whimsical Realism Illustrations - Artists can explore creating illustrations that depict both imagination and reality in a way that appeals to the human eye
2. Hybrid Animal Illustrations - With advances in technology, artists can push the boundaries and create illustrations of animals with features from different species
3. Off-kilter Animal Depictions - Artists can create illustrations that depict animals with subtle touches that give the viewer a different perspective and emotional response
1. Art and Design - Artists and designers can use these trends to create unique and expressive pieces that appeal to diverse audiences in the art industry
2. Graphic Design - Graphic designers can create visually engaging designs that incorporate hybrid animals and off-kilter touches to make bold statements in the advertising industry
3. Education - Educators can use whimsical realism illustrations in teaching to engage students' creativity and imagination in art and design classes