The followup to the Samsung Galaxy Fold is expected to be announced next month at the Galaxy Unpacked event taking place on February 11, so this conceptual Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 identifies the kind of features we could see being unveiled.
The device is first and foremost characterized by its folding design that transitions from clamshell to full-size smartphone with one swift movement. This makes the device highly portable and could even help to improve battery life by allowing users to check notifications via the small notification display on the exterior instead of constantly waking the AMOLED screen.
The Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 is part of the continued redesign of the bar-shaped smartphone to help offer consumers a new alternative to their existing device.
Image Credit: Concept Creator for LetsGoDigital
The Samsung Galaxy Bloom Concept Has an Efficient Design
1. Folding Smartphone Designs - The Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 showcases the trend of smartphones with folding designs, enabling portability and improved battery life.
2. Notification Display Innovation - The small notification display on the exterior of the Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 demonstrates the trend of innovative ways to check notifications without activating the main screen.
3. Redesigned Bar-shaped Smartphones - The Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 represents the trend of redesigning traditional bar-shaped smartphones to provide consumers with new alternatives.
1. Consumer Electronics - The folding smartphone design trend presents disruptive innovation opportunities for companies in the consumer electronics industry to develop and market new breakthrough products.
2. Display Technology - The innovative notification display on clamshell smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 opens up potential disruptive innovation opportunities for companies in the display technology industry to create novel ways to interact with devices.
3. Mobile Communications - The redesign of bar-shaped smartphones, as seen in the Samsung Galaxy Fold 2, offers disruptive innovation opportunities for companies in the mobile communications industry to attract customers with fresh designs and features.