Smartphones are an essential for many consumers but naturally require hands, eyes and full attention to be used, which is something the Samsung Galaxy Air concept aims to change.
Designed by Yash Saboo, the earpiece works by being paired with your smartphone to intuitively allow for control without having to ever take it out of your pocket. The stem on the earpiece is touch-enabled to let users easily ask for help, while a series of hand gestures help users maintain control over calls, music and more.
The Samsung Galaxy Air concept is equipped with bone conduction audio to keep the ears open and help the user maintain spatial awareness. The device would work well for most users and wouldn't interfere with prescription eyewear or sunglasses.
The Samsung Galaxy Air Concept by Yash Saboo is Screen-Free
1. Gesture-control Earpiece - Opportunity for further development and integration of gesture-control technology in wearable devices.
2. Screen-free Interaction - Potential to revolutionize the way users interact with technology without interrupting other daily activities.
3. Bone Conduction Audio - Opportunity to implement bone conduction technology in other wearable devices for an open-ear audio experience.
1. Wearable Technology - Further development of gesture-controlled wearable technology could enhance user experience and accessibility.
2. Smartphone Industry - There is potential for integration of screen-free interaction in new smartphone models.
3. Audio Technology - Bone conduction technology could be incorporated into a range of audio devices for an open-ear audio experience.