The smartphones on the market today are packed with ample technological power that makes them perfect for use as PCs, so the Samsung DeX Pad looks to help do just that.
Working with the Samsung Galaxy 9, the dock works by having the device docked to it in order to transform it into a working desktop PC. The dock places the smartphone flat to make it usable at all times without having to remove it or deal with an awkward angle. The smartphone dock features a built-in USB-C port, HDMI port and two traditional USB ports, which make it a perfect computing solution for users who just need the essentials.
No information on pricing or availability has been released yet regarding the Samsung DeX Pad.
Image Credit: Twitter (@evleaks)
The Samsung DeX Pad Turns a Smartphone into a PC
1. Smartphone-desktop Convergence - Expanding the functionality of smartphones to serve as desktop replacements is a growth opportunity for companies to capitalize on.
2. Mobile-first Computing - The trend towards mobile-first computing and remote work environments presents opportunities for technology companies to develop supporting hardware solutions.
3. Hybrid Computing Solutions - Incorporating smartphone and PC technology to create hybrid computing solutions is a disruptive innovation opportunity for hardware manufacturers.
1. Mobile Devices - Established mobile device manufacturers can leverage the smartphone-desktop convergence trend to drive growth and maintain market relevance.
2. Personal Computing - The mobile-first shift in personal computing presents an opportunity for PC hardware manufacturers to create hybrid solutions and cater to user needs.
3. Workspace Technology - The growing trend towards remote work environments has created opportunities for workspace technology providers to develop mobile-first computing solutions.