While most cocktails tend to be heavily fruit-based, this Sweet and Sour Cherry Salty Dog by Heather Christo combines both sweet and savory flavors to create a uniquely flavored beverage.
This deliciously sweet and sour cocktail cleverly infuses fruit, citrus and savory tastes to create an unexpectedly refreshing drink. The recipe calls for a cup of fresh cherries, grapefruit juice, salt, lemon and a shot of vodka. The cocktail has a frothy and refreshing texture thanks to the added fresh cherries and grapefruit juice -- which you can juice yourself if you happen to have a juicer handy. The bright red hue of this drink makes it an ideal beverage to serve to party guests.
Cocktails are branching out to include more diverse flavor profiles including more savory ingredients and pairings to create unconventional libation experiences.
The Cherry Salty Dog Cocktail is Flavored With Citrus and Vodka
1. Savory Cocktails - Cocktails are being increasingly made with unconventional and savory flavor profiles.
2. Fruit and Salt Combinations - Cocktails are experimenting with the combination of sweet fruits and salty ingredients.
3. Fresh Juice Ingredients - Cocktail recipes are including fresh fruits and vegetables in their juices to have more natural flavor profiles.
1. Cocktail Bars - Cocktail bars can capitalize on the trend by expanding their menu with more savory, fruity and salt-based cocktails.
2. Juice Bars - Juice bars could consider diversifying into cocktails with their already-existing fresh juices and fruit ingredients to create new cocktail recipes.
3. Fine Dining Restaurants - Fine dining restaurants could use the trend to their advantage by crafting artful beverage menus that include unconventional and interestingly flavored cocktails.