MillerCoors recently debuted the new Saint Archer Gold -- a light beer with just 95 calories, 2.6 grams of carbs and 4.2% ABV. To launch the new, premium light beer the brand is launching a tongue-in-cheek marketing campaign that playfully pokes fun at one of its competitors: Michelob Ultra.
The campaign claims that Saint Archer Gold claims it's "a better tasting light beer than Michelob Ultra" (based upon a 2019 Beverage Testing Institute professional expert beer panel tasting.) To compensate light beer lovers for their error, anyone who purchased Michelob Ultra in the past 10 days can get a free 6-pack of Saint Archer Gold.
To claim this free beer, send a picture of the receipt to email@example.com where you will receive instructions on how to get your hands on the premium light beer before the Super Bowl.
Image Credit: Saint Archer Gold
Saint Archer Gold is Giving Free 6-Packs to Light Beer Enthusiasts
1. Light Beer Marketing Campaigns - Opportunities for brands to promote lower calorie, lower carb light beers in a tongue-in-cheek way to differentiate from competitors.
2. Premium Light Beers - Growing trend of launching premium light beers with lower calorie and carb content coupled with higher ABV to appeal to health-conscious and socially conscious drinkers.
3. Innovative Beer Sampling Methods - Opportunities for brands to incentivize customers to switch to a new beer by offering free samples in exchange for proof of purchase of a competitor's beer.
1. Alcoholic Beverages - Opportunities for new players to enter the market by offering high-quality, low-calorie and low-carb light beer options to appeal to health-conscious drinkers.
2. Advertising - Opportunities for brands to create humorous and creative marketing campaigns to promote lower calorie and low-carb light beer options, potentially leading to increased sales and market share.
3. Retail - Opportunities for retailers to stock and promote premium light beer options with lower calorie and carb content coupled with higher ABV to cater to health-conscious and socially conscious consumers.