Artist Roos van der Vliet creates hyper-realistic portraits of female subjects who sport wrapped tresses. These hair-wrapped portraits are not only incredibly lifelike and detailed but are also meant to emote in an unexpected way.
Focusing on "human condition, particularly with how living in such a large and historied world affects our identities," Roos van der Vliet depicts poignant paintings that are eye-catching, whimsical and expressive all at once.
Based in Arhem, Netherlands, the painter is a graduate from the ArtEZ Institute of the Arts and aims to capture unique elements in her work, ones she believes represent the subtle differences that make individuals unique from anyone else. Though boasting a similar aesthetic throughout, the images in this series reveal hidden differences when closely examined.
Roos van der Vliet's Hyper-Realistic Art Puts Focus on Tresses
1. Hyper-realistic Portraits - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the art industry by creating hyper-realistic portraits with unique elements.
2. Emotive Art - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the art industry by creating art that emotes in unexpected ways through hair-wrapped portraits.
3. Whimsical Expressions - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the art industry by creating eye-catching and expressive paintings with a whimsical touch.
1. Art - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the art industry by exploring new techniques and styles, such as hyper-realistic hair-wrapped portraits.
2. Beauty - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the beauty industry by incorporating hair-wrapped art into hair and beauty products or salon experiences.
3. Fashion - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry by integrating hair-wrapped art into clothing designs or accessories.