Living with people can be difficult, especially where money and expense-splitting is concerned -- which is where this prenup-style roommate agreement comes in. Created by CNBC Make It and Bustle, the printable Roommate Prenup offers a way to "live with your friends without ruining your friendship." Roommates can sign the sheet before they start living together to ensure they agree on some basic but extremely important information.
The roommate agreement covers essentials like who will be paying what rent as well as potentially uncomfortable discussion topics including chores, guests and how to handle moving out. Given many college students may be living with friends instead of family for the first time, the non-legally binding document comes at the perfect time.
This Prenup-Inspired Roommate Agreement Keeps Friends Together
1. Roommate Agreements - Creating prenup-style roommate agreements can help manage financial and living arrangements, preserving friendships.
2. Friendship-saving Contracts - Developing contracts specifically designed to address potential conflicts and disagreements among roommates can help maintain healthy relationships.
3. Non-legally Binding Documents - Using non-legally binding documents, such as printable roommate prenups, can provide a flexible and customizable approach to establishing living arrangements.
1. Real Estate - Real estate companies can offer roommate agreement templates or consulting services to help renters establish clear expectations and avoid conflicts.
2. Legal Services - Law firms specializing in contracts and agreements can assist in creating roommate prenups tailored to specific living situations.
3. Co-living Spaces - Co-living companies can incorporate standardized roommate agreements as part of their services to ensure harmonious living among residents.