The 'Rolloe' bike wheel has been designed by Kristen Tapping, an industrial design graduate of the London Southbank University, as a way to help combat against urban air pollution in an unexpected way. The bicycle wheel works by being fitting into place and would go to work with the built-in HEPA filtration module to capture particles as the rider pedals. The prototype created captures 0.665m³ of air for every kilometer cycled, which would help to filter around 266,865m³ of air if just 10% of cyclists in London had one installed on their bicycle.
The 'Rolloe' bike wheel functions as a dual-purpose solution for cyclists that would help to clean the air as they avoid automobile use to further enhance the cleanliness of urban environments.
The 'Rolloe' Bike Wheel Features a HEPA Filter Inside
1. Air Pollution-capturing Bike Wheels - The 'Rolloe' Bike Wheel Features a HEPA Filter Inside
2. Urban Air Pollution Reduction - The 'Rolloe' bike wheel helps combat urban air pollution by capturing particles as the rider pedals.
3. Sustainable Transportation Solutions - The 'Rolloe' bike wheel promotes sustainable transportation by providing a dual-purpose solution for cyclists.
1. Bicycles and Cycling Accessories - The 'Rolloe' bike wheel is an innovative accessory that can be added to bicycles, providing air pollution-capturing functionality.
2. Environmental Technology - The 'Rolloe' bike wheel incorporates HEPA filtration technology, contributing to the development of environmental solutions.
3. Urban Mobility - The 'Rolloe' bike wheel aligns with the industry of urban mobility, addressing the need for cleaner and more sustainable transportation options.