The Quad virtual plug-in by Rob Papen is a classically designed synthesizer, which is capable of producing complex sounds using a combination of built-in components and matrix routing capabilities. Initially designed as a Rack Extension for Propellerhead's Reason digital audio workstation, Rob Papen has now expanded the plug-in's compatibility in VST, AU, and AAX formats for use in all other workstation environments.
Quad's easy-to-navigate design has a interface layout that is instinctual and intuitive. Formatting the wooden side paneling, fake glass reflections, and bold component outlines, Rob Papen has exceptionally mimicked the aesthetic of vintage analog desktop synthesizers.
The Quad synth's engine is able to create a multiplicity of sounds by providing Phase Distortion and Waveshaping for each of its oscillators, which can then be run through a patchwork of other built-in modulation tools, including: the modulation matrix, X-Y pads, and arpeggiator. Not to mention, the synth's additional high-quality effects and analog modelled filters also provide users internal options to further sculpt sounds.
Quad's sizable library of over 830 presets, along with its range of other features, earns it a place as an essential tool for any studio.
Image Credit: Rob Papen Inspiration Soundware
The Quad Plug-In Fuses Modern Function with a Vintage Design
1. Vintage Synthesizer Plug-ins - Rob Papen's Quad Plug-In shows that there is a demand for synthesizer plug-ins that mimic the aesthetic of vintage analog desktop synthesizers.
2. Modular Synthesis Plug-ins - The Quad's ability to create multiplicity of sounds through built-in modulation tools demonstrates that there is demand for modular synthesis plug-ins.
3. Diverse Compatibility Synthesizer Plug-ins - Rob Papen expanding the Quad's compatibility in VST, AU, and AAX formats for use in all other workstation environments highlights a trend towards synthesizer plug-ins that are compatible with a range of formats.
1. Music Production Industry - The Quad Plug-In's expansive range of features demonstrate that there is a demand for synthesizer plug-ins that simplify music production.
2. Technology Industry - The development of synthesizer plug-ins that emulate the aesthetic of vintage analog desktop synthesizers shows the potential for the technology industry to create software that mimics vintage technology.
3. Software Industry - The Quad Plug-In's compatibility with a range of formats shows that there is a demand for software that can be used across multiple platforms.