Fans of coconut water know the benefits of the electrolyte-enhanced beverage, but younger generations who may not have been lured by the health angle might now be intrigued by the sexy Rihanna Vita Coco campaign.
Vita Coco coconut water—a brand with over 194,400 facebook fans—is targeting a young, hip demographic of males and females, incorporating both pop culture and wellness into their marketing. Vita Coco’s other spokespeople include baseball star Dustin Pedroia and surfer Kelly Slater, and their celeb investors include Madonna and Anthony Kiedis.
Like Vita Coco’s other products, the new fruity flavor (which was “created in collaboration with Rihanna”) boasts health-focused taglines like, “Hydrate naturally from a tree, not a lab.”
“I love Vita Coco! It’s real coconut water from hand-picked coconuts,” Rihanna is quoted in the company’s press release. “It’s delicious and so good for you!”
She also says, “I grew up in Barbados, so when Vita Coco approached me to help develop a new flavor, I thought we should combine the natural coconut water with fresh tropical fruits -- two of my favorite things. It tastes so delicious and reminds me of home!”
The press release also goes over nutrition facts, including that it contains “five essential electrolytes, 15 times the potassium of a traditional sport drink, and 100 percent of the daily requirements of vitamin C.” The original flavor also only has 45 calories per cup, no doubt a factor in many body-conscious women stocking up on it.
Check out a few of the images from the celebrity Vita Coco ads, includes the recently unveiled ones of Rihanna with her fiery Jessica Rabbit hair. My fingers are crossed that a behind-the-scenes video of Rihanna for Vita Coco comes out soon.
Beachside Ads Show Rihanna for Vita Coco
1. Celebrity Endorsements - The use of celebrity endorsements in marketing campaigns, such as the Rihanna Vita Coco campaign, can attract younger generations to products.
2. Health-focused Taglines - Brands incorporating health-focused taglines, like Vita Coco's 'Hydrate naturally from a tree, not a lab,' can appeal to health-conscious consumers.
3. Fruity Flavored Coconut Water - The introduction of fruity flavored coconut water, like Vita Coco's collaboration with Rihanna, provides a new flavor option for consumers.
1. Beverage - The beverage industry can explore celebrity endorsements and health-focused taglines to attract younger consumers and promote their products.
2. Fitness - The fitness industry can collaborate with brands offering fruity flavored coconut water to promote hydration and healthy lifestyle choices.
3. Advertising - The advertising industry can leverage the success of celebrity endorsements for marketing campaigns and create compelling visuals to engage consumers.