Via has stated that it will make its ride-hailing technology available to public schools located in New York City. The company will license its infrastructure to the New York City Department of Education, which will then be able to use the Via algorithm. The Via algorithm is able to pair riders and drivers, as well as create a route for the ride. The ride-hailing technology also allows for parents to receive GPS information from the ride.
In addition, Via is developing a ride-hailing app that is intended for public schools within New York City. The app will be able to give users a ticket that can be scanned in order to provide access to a bus.
Image Credit: Via
Via Will License Its Ride-Hailing Technology to Public Schools
1. Ride-hailing Technology - The adoption of ride-hailing technology in public schools provides an opportunity for disruptive innovation in school transportation.
2. Algorithmic Pairing - The use of algorithms to pair riders and drivers creates potential for disruptive innovation in optimizing school transportation routes.
3. GPS Tracking - The implementation of GPS tracking in school transportation offers disruptive innovation in improving safety and transparency for parents and school administrators.
1. Education Technology - The integration of ride-hailing technology in public schools presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the education technology industry.
2. Transportation - The adoption of ride-hailing technology in school transportation opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation in the transportation industry.
3. Saas Solutions - The development of a ride-hailing app tailored for public schools can lead to disruptive innovation in the SaaS solutions industry for school transportation management.