The world is full of so many dull-looking timepieces, but the creator of the Ribbon Clock has managed to break from boring habits and design a decorative chronograph with all of the glamor of a gorgeous gift. It has literally been assembled in the image of a wrapped present.
The diagonal pink and white stripes on the face of the wall clock emulate an endearing wrapping paper pattern, as if it covers the top of a delightful circular box. In addition, the slender strips of material that hold the hypothetical lid shut have been sculpted into a lovely little bow.
But the delicate knot is not meant to be purely aesthetic. You'll notice that as time passes, the ends of the red string pivot with the minutes and the Ribbon Clock by Yukihiro Kaneuchi reveals its unconventional charm.
The Ribbon Clock Ties a Pretty Knot in Time
1. Decorative Timepieces - Opportunity for creating unique and visually appealing timepieces that break away from traditional designs.
2. Gift-inspired Designs - Potential for incorporating elements of gift wrapping and packaging into various products outside of the gifting industry.
3. Unconventional Clock Features - Innovation in clock design by integrating dynamic elements that showcase the passage of time in creative and unexpected ways.
1. Home Decor - Opportunity for home decor companies to offer decorative timepieces that serve as statement pieces in interior design.
2. Product Packaging - Potential for packaging companies to create gift-inspired designs for various products outside of the traditional gifting market.
3. Clock Manufacturing - Opportunity for clock manufacturers to explore unconventional clock features that add a unique touch to traditional timekeeping.