To help consumers and retailers alike reduce their carbon footprint, Happy Returns is now implementing a cardboard-free returns solution to minimize cardboard waste. Thanks to this new program, customers who order online are able to visit a participating retail partner and make in-person product returns without a cardboard box. In turn, Happy Returns makes arrangements for the items returned to retailers to be shipped in bulk to regional return hubs for sorting and processing. Additionally, any reusable packaging that makes it to the distribution centers are reused at Return Bar locations.
Already, retailers like Draper James, Revolve and Rothy’s are adopting the box-free return program, which perfectly aligns with their core values for more sustainable ecommerce shipping practices and business in general.
Happy Returns is Helping to Reducing Cardboard Waste
1. Cardboard-free Returns - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative solutions to eliminate cardboard waste in the returns process.
2. In-person Returns - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create efficient and convenient in-person return options for online shoppers, reducing reliance on cardboard boxes.
3. Reusable Packaging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design and implement sustainable and reusable packaging solutions that contribute to reducing waste in ecommerce.
1. Ecommerce - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create eco-friendly returns systems to align with sustainable ecommerce practices.
2. Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop alternative packaging solutions that minimize waste for retail businesses.
3. Logistics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implement efficient return processes that reduce environmental impact in the logistics industry.