Iconic skater-inspired sneaker brand Vans recently launched a line of retro color-block accessories that draws inspiration from the 1980s, a time when both skateboarding culture and color blocking with pastel colors were at their heights.
The new collection embraces Vans' skate culture roots with its a retro aesthetic that encompasses the brand's spirt. It includes new iterations of iconic pieces by the brand such as the Realm Solid Patchwork Backpack, the Ticker Socks, and the Ceheckwork Camper Hat -- to name a few.
These pieces will appeal to both Millenial and Gen Z shoppers alike with its muted yet eye-catching aesthetic at accessible price points. The pieces are available online and at participating retailers.
Image Credit: Vans
Vans Unveiled a Collection of Pastel Accessories for Spring 2020
1. Retro - Opportunity for brands to capitalize on the nostalgia trend by creating retro-inspired products and accessories.
2. Color-block - Innovation opportunity for fashion and lifestyle brands to experiment with bold color combinations and geometric designs.
3. Pastel - Growing trend of incorporating pastel colors in fashion and accessories, providing an opportunity for brands to target consumers seeking soft and feminine aesthetics.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can leverage the retro color-block trend to create unique and visually appealing accessories for consumers looking for statement pieces.
2. Skateboarding - Skateboarding brands can explore the retro-inspired trend to tap into nostalgia and cater to the skateboarding culture's desire for authentic and vintage-inspired products.
3. Retail - Opportunity for retailers to stock and promote retro color-block accessories to meet the demand of consumers seeking trendy and fashionable items.