Spencer Brown’s brainchild, Rent-A-Green Box, rents plastic moving boxes that it manufactures from landfill gleanings.
As a start-up in 2006, Rent-A-Green Box did business as EarthFriendlyMoving. Since that time, Rent-A-Green Box has developed seven unique packing and packaging materials for moving and shipping all of which use post-consumer trash.
The Costa Mesa, California company won the 2009 Small Business of the Year Award and has begun licensing distributors across the country. Franchise information requests can be made online.
Rent-A-Green Box Eco-Friendly Moving Supplies Expands Territory
1. Sustainable Packaging - Rent-A-Green Box manufactures plastic moving boxes using post-consumer trash, offering an opportunity for sustainable packaging innovation.
2. Circular Economy - Rent-A-Green Box's model of renting and reusing plastic moving boxes aligns with the principles of a circular economy, presenting potential for disruptive innovation in waste reduction and resource conservation.
3. Green Logistics - Rent-A-Green Box's eco-friendly moving supplies cater to the growing trend of green logistics, creating opportunities for innovation in sustainable transportation and supply chain management.
1. Moving and Storage - Rent-A-Green Box's eco-friendly moving supplies can disrupt the traditional moving and storage industry by offering a more sustainable and environmentally friendly alternative.
2. Packaging - Rent-A-Green Box's use of post-consumer trash in manufacturing plastic moving boxes presents a disruptive innovation opportunity in the packaging industry, promoting sustainability and waste reduction.
3. Franchising - Rent-A-Green Box's expansion through licensing distributors across the country highlights the potential for disruptive innovation in the franchising industry, specifically in the area of eco-friendly and sustainable business models.