John Galliano for Dior has designed yet another unique collection, drawing inspiration from Dior's past work with fashion illustrator René Gruau.
In tribute to René Gruau's work style, the palette consisted of with fabrics varying from icy blue to nude and light red to wine as each fabric relied on light and shade to emulate Gruau's watercolours.
The models' looks were completed with red lipstick and pinned curl hair, adding to the look of Galliano's forties inspiration.
John Galliano for Dior Draws Inspiration from Illustrator Rene Gruau
1. Forties-inspired Fashion - Designing fashion collections inspired by the glamorous styles of the 1940s.
2. Illustrator-inspired Design - Drawing inspiration from the work of illustrators for unique and creative design ideas.
3. Light and Shadow Palette - Using light and shade in fabric and color choices to create depth and texture.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage the popularity of retro fashion with a modern twist.
2. Art and Design - The art and design industry can benefit from cross-disciplinary inspiration from various art forms.
3. Makeup and Beauty - Makeup brands can create products to complement vintage-inspired fashion collections, such as classic red lipstick.