The name of the Recycled Silk Collection says something significant about its creation, yet it does not prepare you for the influx of color you experience when you lay eyes on it. When you consider what repurposed textiles might mean, you probably expect to see dull hues of fabrics that have had to be ruffled up to make the final product look fresh at all.
Meb Rure did, of course, take scrap silk material from Nepal to make these utterly spectacular seating objects. All of the vibrant colors of the rainbow are represented in these offcuts and they've been twisted together around bits of sponge to form curious but comfy cushions. The Recycled Silk Chair, Ottoman and Stool are made with American white oak frames that come collapsed for easy shipping, and come to vivid life once liberated from their boxes.
The Recycled Silk Collection Has an Unexpected and Fantastic Freshness
1. Vibrant Upcycling - Incorporating vibrant, unexpected colors into repurposed textiles for furniture and decor.
2. Sustainable Seating - Producing eco-friendly seating options made from repurposed textiles and materials.
3. Flat Pack Furniture - Creating furniture that ships in collapsed, easy-to-assemble pieces for efficiency and affordability.
1. Furniture - Opportunities exist for furniture manufacturers and designers to incorporate upcycling and sustainability practices into their products.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can explore innovative, eco-friendly seating options to offer unique and sustainable pieces to their clients.
3. Logistics and Shipping - Companies can capitalize on the growing trend of flat pack furniture by offering efficient and affordable shipping options for furniture and other products.