Compact discs (CDs) have become an outdated medium but are abundant, which is where the 'Compact Disc Chair' is designed to offer a solution. Designed by Boris Dennler, the chair features a rather sweeping form that's covered on the exterior with 887 deformed CDs and DVDs, which gives it a rather artistic aesthetic. The overlapping form of the discs conveys an almost scaly appearance to have the seating solution looking almost like a mythical creature from the aquatic depths.
The 'Compact Disc Chair' maintains an iridescent aesthetic that will shine differently according to the lighting conditions in a space. This will have it change continuously in appearance and be perfect for those looking to elevate their space with an iridescent touch.
The 'Compact Disc Chair' by Boris Dennler is Dazzling
1. Upcycling Furniture - Businesses can repurpose outdated materials like CDs and DVDs to create unique, artistic furniture.
2. Artistic Sustainable Design - There is opportunity for designers and businesses to create products that are both functional and visually appealing while using sustainable materials.
3. Dynamic Aesthetics - With the versatility of lighting, products that change in appearance can continuously offer a new experience to consumers.
1. Furniture Design - The furniture industry can benefit from incorporating sustainable materials and unique designs to stand out in a competitive market.
2. Home Decor - Businesses in the home decor industry can offer products that not only serve a functional purpose but are also visually appealing and environmentally conscious.
3. Lighting - The lighting industry can explore how to optimize the visual effects of dynamic materials and how they can be used to enhance the consumer experience.