The ramen pot pie recipe is a clever combination of two comfort food mainstays. Originally developed as a means to using up a leftover supply of sea urchin, the ramen pot pie combines the traditional Japanese noodle soup dish with the most common iteration of the meat pie, a pot pie, subbing the usual chicken for pork.
Incorporating ramen into other dishes is a fascinating pattern in the world of food, with ramen burgers, meatballs, donuts, lasagna, poutine and even trail mix all having surfaced online in the last year or so.
The ramen pot pie recipe calls for two packs of instant ramen noodles, pork belly, pastry crust and several cans of creamy chicken soup.
This Ramen Pot Pie is the Ultimate Comfort Food
1. Ramen Fusion - Incorporating ramen into traditional dishes to create unique fusion comfort foods.
2. Comfort Food Remix - Taking classic comfort foods and adding unexpected twists to create new flavor experiences.
3. Instant Noodle Upgrade - Using instant ramen noodles as a base for creative and elevated dishes.
1. Food - Opportunities for food businesses to create innovative menu items by incorporating unexpected ingredients or remixing classic dishes.
2. Packaged Foods - Potential for packaged food brands to offer new instant noodle flavors and inspire home cooks to experiment with creative recipes.
3. Restaurant - Restaurants can elevate their menus by offering unique fusion dishes that blend unexpected ingredients and flavor profiles.