While Taco Bell is often credited with putting a creative twist on classic Mexican dishes, the fast food chain Taco John's is upping the ante with its new Quesadilla Tacos. The dish manages to combine two popular Mexican meals into one delicious, hand-held entree.
The new Quesadilla Tacos from Taco John's are a cross between a quesadilla and a taco. The dish consists of two corn tortillas topped with Pepper Jack cheese, which are then grilled, folded and stuffed with tomatoes, lettuce, chili lime chicken and a spicy chipotle sauce. The hybrid dish allows consumers to enjoy the creaminess of quesadilla filling with the crunchy texture of a taco.
The new dish demonstrates that restaurants are increasingly experimenting with more traditional menu items as a way to stand out from competitors.
Taco John's New Quesadilla Tacos Combine Two Classic Mexican Dishes
1. Hybrid Mexican Dishes - There is an opportunity to create more unique and innovative Mexican food dishes by combining traditional meals in a creative way.
2. Menu Item Experimentation - Restaurants can differentiate themselves from competitors by experimenting with more traditional menu items and adding creative twists to classic dishes.
3. Hand-held Entrees - The trend of hand-held entrees is growing and offers an opportunity to create more portable, convenient and customizable food options across various food industries.
1. Fast Food - Fast food chains can differentiate themselves by adding unique, hand-held entrees with a combination of classic menu items to appeal to a wider range of customers.
2. Chain Restaurants - Chain restaurants can increase customer engagement and loyalty by experimenting with new menu items, like hybrid Mexican dishes, that cater to customers' changing taste preferences.
3. Mexican Food Industry - Restaurants in the Mexican food industry can capitalize on the growing trend of hybrid dishes by offering more creative menu options that combine traditional meals in a unique way.