Kerry, a company specializing in taste and nutrition technologies, has announced the launch of a new food texture system called 'Puremul.' The new offering has been created to allow food manufacturers to "reformulate" their products using a non-GMO alternative, which they can proudly display on their brand labels.
More specifically, Puremul can replace the use of sunflower lecithin and mono- and diglycerides -- common additives used to improve the texture of various food products, such as plant-based drinks and baked goods. According to the company, the new offering arrives in response to the current worldwide supply chain challenges associated with sunflower lecithin.
“The Kerry Puremul texture system is an exciting ingredient innovation developed out of our long-time research experience with acacia, a natural, sustainable, plant-based ingredient source for food and beverage applications. We believe manufacturers and product developers in bakery and plant-based beverages will find this an exciting, clean label emulsification alternative for use in both reformulations and new-product development," said Tim Cottrell, Business Development Director at Kerry.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Kerry Launches 'Puremul' as an Alternative to Sunflower Lecithin
1. Non-gmo Texture Systems - The development of non-GMO texture systems, such as Kerry's new Puremul, creates an opportunity for food manufacturers to reformulate their products using clean label ingredients.
2. Plant-based Emulsification - The use of natural, sustainable, plant-based ingredients, such as acacia, as an alternative to traditional emulsifiers presents an opportunity for product developers in bakery and plant-based beverages to create clean label products.
3. Supply Chain Innovation - The current challenges associated with sunflower lecithin supply chain creates an opportunity for ingredient suppliers to develop innovative solutions, such as Kerry's Puremul, that can provide a sustainable and reliable alternative.
1. Food Manufacturing - Food manufacturers can benefit from the use of non-GMO texture systems and plant-based emulsification to meet consumer demand for clean label products.
2. Bakery Industry - The bakery industry can benefit from the use of natural, sustainable, plant-based ingredients in their product formulations to create bakery goods with a clean label.
3. Plant-based Beverage Industry - The plant-based beverage industry can benefit from the use of clean label emulsification ingredients, such as Kerry's Puremul, in their product formulations to meet consumer demand for sustainable and non-GMO products.