The designer of the Punka Seating System certainly recognizes the need for outdoor public furniture to be adaptable, accommodating changing needs in parks and plazas as time goes on and different events roll in and out. Valeria Salvo has produced this clever modular concept that functions as a bench, a table, a garden and more.
When resting in a U-shaped position the piece acts as a low-level perch with supportive backrests on both sides and lovely little planters on top of them. They bring a bit of the landscape up to a higher tier and enhance the immediate outdoor atmosphere for the sitter. Alternatively, the Punka Seating System can be arranged so that another unit is placed on top and upside down, creating an enclosure for added sun protection and privacy.
Punka Seating System Accommodates People and Plants in Many Arrangements
1. Modular Public Seating - The Punka Seating System highlights a trend towards outdoor public furniture being adaptable for changing needs and events.
2. Multi-functional Furniture - Valeria Salvo's design shows a trend towards furniture serving multiple purposes beyond its initial function.
3. Green Urbanism - The inclusion of planters in the Punka Seating System highlights a trend towards incorporating green spaces into urban environments.
1. Landscape Architecture - Designers in landscape architecture can capitalize on the trend towards modular public seating that incorporates greenery.
2. Event Planning - Event planners can utilize modular public seating to adapt to changing event needs.
3. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturers can capitalize on the trend towards multi-functional furniture that can provide added value to customers.