Justin Pape of We Kill You has created some innovative art that features his signature monsters covered by melted bands of colored resin. The company name stems from the expression “You kill me,” which is used colloquially if someone does something very funny or unexpected.
As a part of his show in Toronto titled ‘I Lose Track of My Mind Sometimes’ at the Gordon Daniel Gallery, Justin Pape created a set of five of these melting monster pieces. Pape pulled that portion of his show together by pouring paint down the wall.
The We Kill You brand started in 2003 with t-shirts and stuffed animals. It has since grown to incorporate vinyl toys, paintings and street art.
Unexpected Artwork from We Kill You
1. Resin Art - Exploring innovative ways to incorporate melted bands of colored resin into artistic creations.
2. Street Art Evolution - Adapting traditional street art techniques to create unexpected and visually striking pieces.
3. Mixed Media - Combining various artistic mediums to create unique and unconventional artworks.
1. Art and Design - Opportunity for artists to experiment with new materials and techniques in their creations.
2. Toy and Collectibles - Incorporating melted resin bands into vinyl toys to create visually appealing and unconventional designs.
3. Fashion and Apparel - Promoting unique artistic designs on t-shirts and stuffed animals to create a distinct brand identity.