The standard Honda Civic Type R is an incredibly practical vehicle, but engineers at Honda have decided to step up the car's carrying capacity with its Project P concept version of the Type R. The new concept vehicle is styled much like a classic Type R but has been interestingly customized to essentially turn the vehicle into a pickup truck. This was accomplished by removing most of the original's bodywork in the back of the car and replacing it with roll bars and a diamond-plated metal bed.
Internally, the Project P concept retains the Type R's 2.0-liter inline four engine, 306 horsepower, six-speed manual transmission and adaptive suspension. That being said, Honda has said that the new pickup concept will hit 62 miles per hour in less than six seconds and pegs the top speed at 5mph less than the Type R's top speed of 170mph.
Image Credit: Honda
Honda's Project P Turns the Type R Civic into a Unique Pickup Truck
1. Customized Concept Vehicles - Opportunity for automakers to create unique and practical concept cars that cater to specific consumer needs.
2. Conversion of Vehicle Models - Opportunity to retrofit existing car models into pickup trucks to expand market appeal and functionality.
3. Hybrid Technology in Pickup Trucks - Opportunity to integrate hybrid or electric powertrain systems in pickup truck designs for improved fuel efficiency and reduced emissions.
1. Automotive Manufacturing - Opportunity for automotive manufacturers to explore innovative concepts and designs to attract new customers and differentiate from competitors.
2. Automotive Aftermarket - Opportunity for aftermarket companies to offer conversion kits and accessories to transform standard vehicles into pickup trucks.
3. Electric Vehicle - Opportunity to expand the electric vehicle market segment by introducing pickup trucks with hybrid or electric powertrain systems.