The restaurant industry is directly responsible for a disproportionate percent of food waste but one technology company is aiming to combat this with a newly rolled out initiative called Project DASH, which stands for DoorDash Acts for Sustainability and Hunger.
The project was rolled out four months ago, but DoorDash has recently announced that it's on track to donate six million meals by the end of the year. This initiative has taken on numerous creative forms, like the company's monthly employee dash, in which the brand's delivery people dash to donate funds to local hunger relief organizations. More recently, DoorDash donated one meal to Feeding America every time someone followed them on social media, resulting in a total of 10,000 donated meals.
The DASH initiative speaks to the creative ways in which companies take on corporate social responsibility, while spotlighting the fact that charitable initiatives can produce mutually beneficial results.
DoorDash's New Initiative is Set to Donate Six Million Meals
1. Food Waste Reduction - Technology-driven methods to cut down on food waste through sustainable food delivery initiatives presented in this article demonstrate the disruptive innovation opportunities in the food delivery industry
2. Creative Corporate Social Responsibility - The DASH initiative discussed in this article demonstrates the disruptive innovation opportunities in the corporate social responsibility space of the restaurant industry
3. Social Media Promotion for Philanthropy - The DoorDash initiative mentioned in this article shows how social media platforms can be leveraged for philanthropic causes, highlighting the innovative opportunities across industries
1. Food Delivery - This article highlights the opportunities for innovation through sustainable food delivery initiatives, with emphasis on reducing food waste and collaborating with nonprofit organizations
2. Restaurant - The DASH initiative detailed in this article reveals the innovative possibilities in combining charitable efforts with corporate social responsibility within the restaurant industry
3. Social Media - The social media promotion strategy employed by DoorDash, as indicated by the article, showcases the potential for innovation in this industry to drive philanthropic initiatives and promote social good